Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
There are reasons.

1. Motor cooling - we don't know the cooling capacity. The motor will dissipate more heat.

2. Wiring - Can the wiring support more current?

3. Internal resistance of the battery pack - Can it deliver the additional current.

As a EE, I don't know if I'd play around with a tune on an EV. Granted my ICE car was tuned, but I understood more about the drivetrain.

I could increase cooling by swapping a radiator or increasing the size of the oil cooler.

I could add a secondary fuel pump for fuel starvation.

The list goes on. Not sure what would be "safe" for an EV drivetrain. I'll wait and see.
Polestar recently released an optional performance update which increases the hp of Polestar 2 by 16% (extra 67 hp). It's like a Stage 1 BM3 tune. So it's clearly possible.
Point to note: the M50 has 10 seconds of "boost mode" which adds 67hp, to achieve a total headline figure of 544hp.

That immediately tells you that it can't sustain the full 544hp all the time. Which makes it doubtful that they will bring out a power upgrade.

Don't worry, it is fast enough…..and if it isn't, you are buying the wrong car.
Hey, it's not me.

It's fast enough.

I was just indicating that unlike an ICE car where a tune can be compensated for by upgrades. A BEV is more of a.closed system where compensating for upgrades is probably not possible.