View Single Post
      08-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #22
x986
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 340, ex e92 335, ex e46 M3

Garage List
Thanks for the great writeup. I'm sorry you didn't try the Genesis G70.

My '16 340 lease was up in Feb., and I started trying to find a replacement in Dec. I tried the Audi S4 and S5, and thought they were good cars, but when I got back in my 340, it was better.

I have not tried the Merc because my last CLA AMG45 was a piece of ----, and it was sold in less than a year; I figured life is too short to drive a ----y car.

I have tried the Alfa and liked the way it drove, but the short comings noted above were true, and the electronic goodies were very limited. I have two toy cars with GREAT driving, but few electronic goodies, so the Alfa was out.

I let the lease go in Feb., and have been driving one of the toy cars as a daily driver since Feb. It is a '14 Cayman S, and I'm really beginning to wonder if that won't stay as a daily driver. However my wife's Tesla has taught me the joys of "Autopilot" for daily freeway type driving. I find I have to take control once every 5 minutes or so; it is not as smart as Elon says, and other brand's "Active lane keeping" are not as smart as Tesla.

So - the G20 and G70. They are both in California now. I have driven both the 330, and the 340. The 330 has more than adequate power for a daily driver, and it can be very well equipped, but my heart says go for the 340.
The Genesis G70 is a very good car, and maxed out is still less money than either Bimmer. (About 10-15K less that a 340.) The V6 has about 20 fewer ponies than the 340 with better leather, and, in my opinion, may well be better looking.

I hope I have thoroughly confused you all because I still can't make up my mind. That is why I'm still here reading opinions of a group whose opinions I generally respect.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25076.00