Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jliuod View Post
Picked up a CPO 21' M440i convertible in white with black leather interior a few weeks ago. Long story short, I discovered after the purchase that the front bumper and other related items were replaced. No air bag involved. I found out from a repair bill in the glove compartment. Also, the lumbar support function in the driver seat doesn't work. So much for a CPO vehicle!

Anyway, East Bay BMW did the right thing and promised to realign the hood so the gaps are to BMW specs. Also they are going to fix the lumbar support function, and recondition all the wheels to BMW standard and will be ordering me an additional key fob(it only came with one key fob). Took two weeks and they gave ma a 530E as a loaner in the mean time. In addition, I asked for and got the platinium 6 year warranty on top of the additional year of warranty because the car was CPO. Which means my 21' M440i will be covered till 5/2027(inception date was 5/21). I am happy with the accommodation and I think it was more than fair for what I asked in return.

Got the car yesterday and they did a fantastic job realigning the hood. The wheels look perfect. Lumbar support is functioning again. Received the additional key fob programmed to my car.

All was great until I came out of Costco after shopping this morning. My front passenger tire was flat! Luckily I always carry an air compressor with me on all my cars. I inflated the tire to 42psi and by the time I got home(8 miles) the tire was flat again. At first I thought I had a nail, but then I remembered I ran over a pothole. Could not find any nail(s), but discovered there was a rip in the inside side wall. Obviously that is not repairable. My car has the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. No choice but to bite the bullet and purchase a tire through Tire Rack.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it could have been much worse like cracking the rim. At the end of the day it is just money and that is why I work!
The fact that they gave you a Platinum 6 year warranty indicates they knew it was an issue that you should have been informed about. Is a dealer legally required to disclose this type of damage when someone purchases a CPO?

Also make sure that the Pilot Sport 4S you order from Tire Rack is a Michelin BMW Star tire.
Appreciate 0