06-25-2020, 08:33 AM   #81
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
That looks damn Nice! ^
It would have been. It was rumored last year that they were dropping an IS-F this year. This was the mock of of what it would have looked like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanspeak View Post
The previous front styling was much more handsome.

I miss my Gen2 IS 350. Currently on my second IS with a Gen3. The Gen2 was a much nicer and faster car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I don't even understand how Lexus has any enthusiasts. They don't make any fun vehicles and there's nothing in the pipeline either. One of my buddies is considering ditching his fanboy status.
I will say the Lexus forums are pretty much dead. The IS and GS sections have a handful of enthusiasts that mod, but it's a ghost town over there. The one thing that I will say about the two that I've owned is that they are pretty much service free vehicles. Tires, oil and brakes are all I've ever had to spend on mine. Aside from the looks of the current ride, it's a pretty boring car unless being driven in sport +. Driving in sport + will drain the tank damn fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
I thought they were both mid 13 second cars? I use to have a IS350 and I was running low 13s all day on the drag strip.

Torque less but no slouch.
I bought my IS last May and sold my E93. The difference in torque is night and day. I will say that the 8 speed transmission at high speed is enjoyable. Being able to cruise at 120-130 and still have a ton of pedal left and paddle shifters in sport + is pretty damn fun. Just when you think you have it tapped out it just continues to pull. It may not be fast from the launch, but at speed, it will surprise you. Still a boring car though.

Other thoughts on the current IS: It's extremely quiet. Some of my friends make fun of how quiet it really is. The pro to this is a quiet ride on the inside and when I do decide to get on it, I'm not drawing attention to myself with a loud exhaust. The suspension is pretty stiff and extremely stiff in sport +. Enjoyable but has no soul. Reliable yes, but no means considered a fast car. It seems like the gen3's were slowed down from the gen2's. In order to get the same speed out of the gen3 that was normal out of the gen2's, you have to put it in sport +.
Appreciate 0