06-12-2020, 03:29 PM   #52
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OM3RTA View Post
I should have done that before I put the new ones on.

However it seems as if they may not be too different in size as they do fit...just not properly but after having dug the 1st below attachment:
Attachment 2336721

That seems to suggest that seems to suggest that the tips have to go right up to the 'pins' which you may have felt or seen when removing yours. Now as I say I haven't done so as yet as in the earlier fitment instructions prior to the one I have shown it suggests that a bit of cutting to the exhaust pipe was needed, now granted the instructions are for the MPE and not the MSE that I have made me think I might not have to do anything other than push them on but now thinking about it the gap I have from the end of the tip to the 'pin' is near the exact same as the M logo on the tip to the placement of the tip in relation to the apron(see below) as said in the above attachment.
Attachment 2336735

Leaving it as is leaves it sticking out a bit far and I'm not sure if it does increase the risk of burning so much that I should just remove them again until I can cut the parts I need to off.

Attachment 2336738
You mean you didn't try pushing it past the pins because of the screw thingys on the m performance tip?
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 0