10-16-2020, 08:04 PM   #47
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinconHeat View Post
I will certainly miss rowing my own gears and that beautiful sound of the magnificent i6, however, the Taycan has impressed some pretty reluctant professionals. Furthermore, moving to electric propulsion is the the responsible thing to do and I'm hopeful there will be some new thrills afoot that might soothe a bit of the pain from the loss of those visceral notes.
"Responsible" is a very subjective thing. I'm not saying you're doing this, but a lot of the EV crowd attempts to guilt-trip people driving ICE cars by bringing up environmentalism. Cars are my hobby so there's no place for moral high wringing in my opinion.

On the topic of the Taycan, reviews rave about how it drives but always comment on its weight and how it's not an actual "sports car." Road & Track recently did a comparison between the 911 and Taycan, the latter is 1500 lbs heavier.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...aycan-turbo-s/

On the topic of the M2, engineering a 3600 lb model like the current M2 would be an arduous task, and if achieved the car will cost nowhere near $60,000. I do commend BMW on attempting to pipe fake ICE noises into this i4, as it is a common complaint amongst enthusiasts and would make the switch to an EV easier.
Appreciate 0