Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingBMW View Post
sold the M3 and buying an Audi. Perhaps I will return one day but that won't appear to be the case for 5-7 years from now.
As a public service, look somewhere else. Bought and had to dump a $60k+ 2016 A6 3.0T Prestige in about two years after random electrical problems, unfixable trans problems ("they all do that and yes, others complain too"), early brake disc failure denied for warranty. Final straw was tech telling us he was told to alter repair order to support denying warranty and blaming "pad transfer". Dishonorable and cannot be trusted on top of poor quality. NEVER AGAIN! Suggest looking anywhere else. Good luck.
I've had wonderful experiences and no issues in 300k miles of various VAG products, and routine headaches with BMW (I'm not complaining, had fun).

Lately BMW has dropped the ball. Designs are far too flashy, the ttV8 is still a hot mess after 10 years of revision, and they still are heavy. The power steering unit is numb and overheats, and the little cherry on top is BMW Motorsport is at a low point.

Audi meanwhile has nearly caught Porsche in Le Mans wins, had engineers stolen by BMW, has the best interiors, impressive race cars in the RS3 LMS and R8 LMS, and the RS badge actually means something.

BMW sold is soul to go mainstream and has stumbled with a few engines and electrics while Audi in my view has embraced its heritage and taken the lead.

And, for the record, I've seen the M4/3 in person and I don't think it's that bad, the 4 series is hideous though. The bmw designs are Bad but Designs are pass fail as far as my wallet is concerned.

I think new Audi is simply better than new bmw.

Though, I do realize Audi has a reputation just like bmw, my personal experience has been wasted money on warranty's.
Appreciate 2