10-17-2020, 12:15 PM   #2
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonmon View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed before. I searched and could not find much info about it. I want to baseline my 2020 M340ix and a friend of mine has a 2wd dynojet in his home garage (cool, right?). I have always dynoed all my vehicles at his house for free through their various stages of modification. This includes my awd Infiniti Q50 which we just had to unplug a connector in the trunk to disable the fwd. I realize that there is a dyno mode we can put our cars in but I believe that it may not put the vehicle in rwd only. Does anyone know for sure if you can only dyno this car on an awd dyno or if there is a way to convert it temporarily to rwd to safely dyno it on a 2wd dyno? Thanks for any help and info!
There is no easy way to do this and unlike on the F30 chassis neither Mission Performance or xDelete have brought an easy on/off solution to market yet.

That said I have seen MP do this but it was for their own testing purposes and is not something they sell (might want to give Alex a call)

On a related and cool note MP did just launch selectable 2WD via idrive screen for the X3M....how nice would that be.

ps- while I've seen plenty of lifts in home garages I have never seen a dyno in a home garage....that's next level sh*t right there

Last edited by chenry; 10-18-2020 at 12:25 AM.. Reason: corrected autospell there vs their
Appreciate 0