View Single Post
      09-28-2023, 02:53 PM   #79
xDrive320D
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M-Sport Touring xDriv

I can remember when they were Cooper BMW... then when to Vertu but I think you are right and it was Castle BMW..

The installation on mine does look very good and no creaks or squeaks from any removed trim..

Maybe it is the Stratstone way, look after people which is good, I have only been in twice and they did not even ask my name, knew who i was when I sat down.. that was the same advisor which again is good..

When I collected it Monday she asked me if the X1 was OK for me as it may have been a bit big, just said I loved it I like the high position, the car was a nice size, comfortable, and on the whole iDrive 8 was nice to look at but two things I did not like...

1. Bloody fingerprints, I hate them on the screen, never use mine in my iDrive 7 always use the controller apart from the odd time

2. It is hard to find anything in the settings, maybe just me but everything seemed hard to find.

Only other personal gripe was the wheels looked too small being 18", think if I had one it would need 19" or 20" option..

The American lady annoys me lol it is the first volume slider I think which was turned down but the advisor did say they do firmware updates by themselves which may explain why mine turned on by itself lol

As I say I can recommend (so far) Stratstone in Hull.. they are not "up there own backsides" like Vertu..