View Single Post
      01-21-2020, 11:34 PM   #38
alexm3forty
Enlisted Member
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

I see a lot of guys here recommend sensatec. I too chose sensatec based on forum oppinions in my 2018 430xi gc and i want to share my thoughts in 2 years of owning it.

So, the sensatec on Fxx was very close to leather in terms of feel. It was a little bit softer than leather but i honestly do not feel that while driving the car. I do not feel it as being less slippery than leather. I do have side support on the seats you know ) I have not fealt beaing less breathable than leather (i'm not a sweaty guy). Regarding to cleaning, i absolutely positively did not have the impression it is easier to clean than leather was. Exact same thing, would just get a sponge and some gyeon and voila! So everyhting was perfect with the sensatec EXCEPT:

1. Please note this was my first sensatec car. I did miss a lot the leather smell. Did not think i would when chose it, but i can genuinely promise you i was like a kid when getting in a leather car and did start to regret not getting the leather immediately after taking delivery. I really felt i made a mistake.

2. The second is a big one guys :P
So, in order to better explain, please understand i'm the type of "kiss your car at night" guy )) I take really good care of the car and i rarely to never use the seat heating. I am careful when sitting in the car so i don't damage the side of the seat and really maintain it carefully. Also, i have an athletic build. So almost new car, exactly 20 months old from the time i took delivery, 24.000km and the sensatec on the left side of my seat CRACKED! I was sooooo mad & dissapointed. All in all, i filed a request for warranty and they did step up replacing the entire seat. But you should know this can happen if you are planning on getting sensatec.
Attached Images

2013 X1 1.8d xDrive "E84"
2008 335xi "E92"
Appreciate 0