09-09-2020, 12:17 PM   #12
truekumar
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW x£

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
  • I've never had an issue nor have I heard of one

• That's really personal preference - personally I ran 15MM on the front and 13MM on the rear and that got things rather close to "flush" without any poke. If you search for spacer threads on this forum you will find a couple examples of different spacer setups :-)

• Yes yes and yes
  • You really need new bolts for anything more than 3mm
  • Also ensure that the spacers you buy have a hubcentric ring on them (see the picture below that I highlighted the ring in red - if the spacers (that are more than 5mm) don't have this....RUN
  • Some popular brands are Macht Schnell, Apex Racing, and BMS Burger Motorsports. I personally really like the BMS products, they come pre-paired with extended bolts and you also get a hanger pin when you buy two sets (I'll put the link below)

Anyhoo hope this helps....

https://burgertuning.com/collections...kit-w-10-bolts

Brilliant. Thank you. I will consider these option but now swaying towards bigger wheels 😬

So guys...I’m down to my final choice with the Borbet Y wheels. They are not forged and just cast wheels but I would save around £650 against the fully forged OEM 795s and the hassle of not having to fit spacers as the Borbet Y come with wider rears.

Now my only concern is whether I should lower my car or not. I’ve seen the following pics of the same 20” wheels and it doesn’t seem as if the car needs lowering as the gap in the arches are not too big after adding the 20s. Opinions? :
Attached Images

Last edited by truekumar; 09-09-2020 at 12:29 PM..
Appreciate 0