View Single Post
      02-09-2023, 05:30 AM   #111
Calamari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G21 330d, 2008 E87 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by irollsollo View Post
In my case all window buttons and ambient lights work fine. The mirror adjustment, folding and blind spot monitor are completely dead though. On the right side. Had happened before once, it fixed itself, now it's been more than 2 weeks that passenger side one is dead again. And the car is out of warranty.
First time it fixed itself after 2 weeks for me too. It's the moisture that causes the short circuit inside the module. When that water evaporates from the module housing - the circuit stops to be shortened and LIN communication from the buttons cluster in driver doors starts to function again.

This time it's been 5 days, and nothing is working. I'm booked for repair on Feb 22nd. I'm out of warranty (car is 3y6months old now, but with only 42k kilometers).
BMW approved replacement at no cost for the driver-side module in December. Dealership will request the same thing for the passenger side module.
I was told that BMW generally approves full or partial coverage for these kind of malfunctions for cars under 5 years and 100k kilometers. Dealership just has to send a request to the BMW center that covers these things in your region/part of the world.

In case driver-side module that's been fixed in December is broken again, I believe they have to replace as a reclamation because all replaced parts have at least 1 year warranty, or something like that.

Will keep you posted.
Appreciate 0