View Single Post
      02-14-2024, 03:32 AM   #97
Sierra055
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 SSG, 2021 Audi SQ7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruman View Post
What actually happened?? Did the dealer go for a joyride on your car and damaged it prior to the delivery? I'm guessing you didn't take the car!
I'm honestly not 100% sure, but my theory is below.
Quick summary, car arrived mid September, dealer rang me following day to say it'll be ready for collection in a week. Week came and went, dealer then said should be here next week. That came and went, then the car no longer had an ETA on the BMW portal.

Three weeks later I pushed them and said I was sure the car had been damaged and wanted answers, they finally chased it up and admitted yes it had been damaged and sent me a pic of a very innocuous looking dent. They told me they had requested it be released to them and it would be there in 2 days to which I said, let me know when it arrives and touch nothing.

I arrive an hour after the car was unloaded to find a big crease in the drivers door, which looked nothing like the innocuous photo they sent me. My theory is that when they were loading the car on to the truck to transport it, the driver opened the drivers door on to one of the steel uprights on the truck and creased it through the bodyline.

The dealer wasn't particularly helpful through any of this. I had to chase for answers, they new I was in a situation where I needed the car ASAP (second kid was born end August and needed a bigger) and at no point did they offer a loan car, any compensation or even an apology.
Their solution was to swap the door from a 330i that had also come in, but the colour match wasn't right - the door was noticeably darker than the rest of the car. So yes, in the end I backed out of the deal.

As soon as I saw the damage, I went into plan B mode looking for other cars. The irony was that when I ordered the car, I was actually interested in a G80, but the lead time was too long (again, needed it for number 2 child who was due September). But while I could only find 2 M340's, neither with the options I wanted (mine was fully loaded), I actually found there to be quite a few G80's around and dealers were willing do decent deals on them to boot. One dealer had 4 cars available, all due to buyers backing out. So in the end, I managed to pickup one of those at a good price and no waiting.

Here are the pics
Name:  IMG_4357.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  168.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4359.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  167.5 KB
Appreciate 0