View Single Post
      03-20-2020, 01:29 PM   #19
Felipe Sena
Brazil
Rep
Drives: 2019 330i M Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalisbu View Post
Can someone explain how the valve works?

I can audibly hear the valve pop open and close switching between sport/comfort while in park, but as soon as I put it in drive, I can clearly hear the valve close. Does it only open when necessary, such as full throttle? The car is warmed up and idles below 1k.

Does locking the valve open by disconnecting the connection make it louder at lower RPMs? Any videos before/after?
In Eco / Comf mode, I think theyīre always closed (or open on demand, i.e harder acceleration). When in Sport/Sport+ mode, it stays open on P, R and N, but closes automatically as soon as you put it in D, and works on its own. This may happen because of low RPM drones.

Iīve done the "mod" to my car and itīs noticeably louder in low RPMs (sounds the same in higher RPMs, because the valve would open anyways) and with the sound system Muted you might hear the exhaust drone a bit. Nothing that will bother you tho, as it didnīt bother me. Will try to upload some videos of it, but in the 330i itīs very hard to notice a difference on camera. Unplug it and have fun!
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50