10-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #40
ramparts
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
Hi,

When coding with Bimmercode, I have switched to ENet cable with an Anker LAN to USB-C adapter; and, as many have already commented, it is lightning fast compared to either its use with a Bluetooth OBDII adapter or even E-Sys.

Yesterday, after getting my car back from a service that included a software update, I set up to code the items I had previously coded and discovered something that I'd like to pass along. A few days ago, I got a Bimmercode App update from the Google Play store; of course, all that really is a shortcut that has the app update its coding info just as you connect to the car. Here's the rub. For some reason with ENet cable & adapter, it couldn't receive the update. After 3 attempts, I grabbed my Bluetooth OBDII adapter and plugged it into OBDII; then opened Bimmercode app and tapped on CONNECT. App updated perfectly. I then disconnected and reconnected the cable adapter and went about my coding without a hitch.

BTW, the software update was for version 07/2020.45. Interestingly, it now includes as Climate rules/Habits the automatic steering wheel heating and river's seat heating that we had to code until now -- among several other good things, like Drive Recorder, Android Auto, tail lights included in DRL (please see Android Auto thread).

Hope that helps!
I've found that unless you make sure Bluetooth and WiFi are off and your in airplane mode, it won't connect. If you're phone is paired to CarPlay in your car, it'll still be connected after changing to airplane mode, so you need to go into settings and manually turn off WiFi. Then both BimmerCode and BimmerLink spring into life
Appreciate 0