Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Okay, fair point. The previous ones were more of the Fiesta ST method. Crap interior, but awesome to drive. The new one became more of a mature car. Just in my opinion that's a tough fight to try to take the Mk7 GTI.

Of course if you'd like an interior that's not either black or tartan, I can still see the appeal. I just wish they'd created a nicer Mini while leaving more of the previous hooligan handling traits. This probably explains my fascination with the R56 Goodwood with a manual.

And I'm also influenced by my previous Mazda 3, which ran out of thrust at about 5k rpm. The Mini motors just felt too much like that. The separation between 60% and 100% were super narrow. I guess I just prefer more the Jeckyl and Hyde approach. Or at least less Hyde.
I can see that and I do think that the R series mini was probably a more tossable car - but for a commuter? I dunno.

The new mini is much more mature and for some of us, that isn't a bad thing. The new ones really do feel like a current 1 series BMW to me.