01-27-2020, 03:08 AM   #98
A6bullet
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Here in the US, since the early '90s, headlight glare is the number one complaint to the highway safety department, consistently, every year.

So the federal government is understandably very cautious in approving a technology that could possible increase the issue and further upset their constituents. They even specifically cited that this is reason for this delay in embracing smart headlights technology.

I predict the technology will eventually reach federal approval but it's going to take a lot of red tape to break through before we get there but until then, those of us that live on the fringes are still going to circumvent the law and code them in anyways..

This is so wild though. I have never had a glare problem here in Germany. Most cars here have either Xenons or some variation of it, so most cars have blue tinted headlights. I'm not sure what the difference is, but even with the "smart headlights" you will not get blinded at night. Honestly, this might a more of a problem of poor driver etiquette and poor road worthiness of cars (not having stringent TUV). Not saying we have perfect cars here, but I just haven't seen this problem.
F87 M2

G20 330i
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50