View Single Post
      06-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #71
VipinLJ
Petrolhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 330i,‘16 X3,‘18 SQ5,‘17 A7

So I did some digging online regarding hex values and how to decode/code them to get a certain color that we can use as the ambient light. I had a feeling the three different hex values were basically RGB values that could be changed to come up with a color and I wasn’t wrong.
My search brought up a post by Mitchfin in the X5 forum on how to find hex values for a certain color by visiting two different websites and using that for the color you want. I’ll quote his post below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchfin View Post
Here’s how to update the ambient with updated bdc_body.

Here is my coding for ambient lighting color changes on the updated BDC_BODY ECU.

So, for some reason I can only get the channel to show up in Bimmercode and not in Esys, I have tried searching for the exact channels in Esys but they do not pull anything up, but here is the path:

BDC_BODY->Expert Mode->3076 DG_3076
This will pull up all of the ensemble groups and layers just like the previous versions but now each layer is split into an R, G & B channel. As a reminder, only 1-9 Ensemble groups are used in the F15 and only layers 1-3 (1-door contour line, 2-armrest area, 3-footwell).

To change the color of a layer each layer you have to set the RBG color parameters in Hexadecimal, which could potentially lead to infinite color options, as you could choose any RGB combo and convert the numbers to hexadecimal.

For instance, if you wanted a Red color you would just make the R channel FE (255) and leave the other channels at 00. Here is one website where you can choose your RGB color, https://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_rgb.asp then take those RGB Values to this site http://hextodecimal.com/index.php and find the corresponding Hex number and just plug that hex in for the werte value for each corresponding R G B channel in bimmercode.

Here are the Wertes for the three colors I've figured out that match the previously pre-selectable ones:

MINT (Gruen):
R: 10
G: FE
B: 32

DYNAMIC BLUE (Blau):
R: 00
G: 42
B: FE

LILAC (Flieder):
R: 78
G: 3C
B: FE

Voila! Now it's not a curse to have the updated BDC_BODY but a blessing because we are no longer limited to pre-selected colors and can create whatever color you'd want!
Ignore the armrest, footwell, door contour area part since it isn’t applicable to our cars. The websites he’s linked are very useful. I tried decoding the hex values jaimeen77 gave me for RED and it was spot on. I also used the codes for orange, lilac etc that are already present in our cars and they were correct on the two websites.
So yes. Anyone wanting to come up with a custom color can use the two websites above to come up with hex values and change them as per ones wishes.
If this has been posted in any of the previous pages, I’m sorry for wasting your time since I have missed it somehow. This is basically to help people like me to whom hex values and stuff are like Latin, Sanskrit and Coptic.

My query to jaimeen77 is. Instead of changing 90,E0,90 to FF,00,00, can I change the three sets of hex values for one of the other ones that I don’t use (like the hex values for green/green white or lilac/lilac white) instead to FF,00,00? Any insight will be appreciated.
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00