View Single Post
      06-24-2020, 05:05 AM   #72
sharepointalex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
So I did some digging online regarding hex values and how to decode/code them to get a certain color that we can use as the ambient light. I had a feeling the three different hex values were basically RGB values that could be changed to come up with a color and I wasn’t wrong.
My search brought up a post by Mitchfin in the X5 forum on how to find hex values for a certain color by visiting two different websites and using that for the color you want. I’ll quote his post below.

Ignore the armrest, footwell, door contour area part since it isn’t applicable to our cars. The websites he’s linked are very useful. I tried decoding the hex values jaimeen77 gave me for RED and it was spot on. I also used the codes for orange, lilac etc that are already present in our cars and they were correct on the two websites.
So yes. Anyone wanting to come up with a custom color can use the two websites above to come up with hex values and change them as per ones wishes.
If this has been posted in any of the previous pages, I’m sorry for wasting your time since I have missed it somehow. This is basically to help people like me to whom hex values and stuff are like Latin, Sanskrit and Coptic.

My query to jaimeen77 is. Instead of changing 90,E0,90 to FF,00,00, can I change the three sets of hex values for one of the other ones that I don’t use (like the hex values for green/green white or lilac/lilac white) instead to FF,00,00? Any insight will be appreciated.
Nice find and great news, have you tried to code this yet? Does this replace all of the ambient colours to red then or just one of the profiles? I know in the non expert option (not available yet for our cars) it only replaces the Bronze profile.
Appreciate 0