09-28-2020, 10:14 AM   #101
granite_head
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by juhcobywankenobi View Post
Did you ever get this installed? Wish we knew what changes occurred since this is the latest part version...
My part (84-10-5-AOE-550) came in last week. Just installed last night. As for part differences, this one appears to be a different manufacturer (molex intead of laird?) Other than that don't know...

The install itself was pretty easy, I was done in 30 mins. I didn't even need to bother disconnecting the cupholders. There was enough play in the wires that I just laid it on the side of the console and could access the tray holder.

The plug was in there pretty tight. I couldn't get a good enough grip myself, but with a pair of mini-vice grips to hold it, and a good tug, it came right out.

Charging works great. NFC key card that came with my car doesn't seem to work anymore, though. I can still lock/unlock the doors, but the card is not recognized on the tray.

I can't test smartphone capability, since my Verizon Samsung S10 is incompatible with digital key, according to the connected app.

YMMV...
Appreciate 0