Drives: BMW G20 330e MSport Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboysafc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer5to3 View Post
So after finally getting all my issues sorted out a couple of weeks ago, I decided to treat the car to a full exterior detail...

If anyone's interested, see below steps / products used to get the car as it is now (just a shame the light was going down as when the sun was properly hitting the car it looked amazing!)

Pre-wash: Auto Finesse Dynamite (diluted 5:1), sprayed liberally all over the lower half of the car. Left to dwell for 5 mins and pressure wash off. Followed by snow foam with Autoglym Polar Blast (diluted 6:1), left to dwell for 10 mins and rinse.

Wheels: combination of pre-wash with Auto Finesse Dynamite, followed by Autoglym Magma iron remover. Used separate mitt to contact wash at snow foam stage.

Contact wash: Meguiars Wash Plus, used directly on the mitt. This was to remove any remnants of the previous wax / sealant on the car. I wouldn't recommend this unless you intend to polish the car after, as it will leave micro scratches on the paint. Wash & rinse off one section at a time. (I normally use Autoglym Pure Shampoo when washing normally). Contact wash followed up by decontamination with Autoglym Magma to get rid of any stubborn iron contamination on the paint.

Dry: Large soft microfibre drying towels. Bought from Amazon, and can't remember what make they are. Shuts and returns done with separate microfibre towels to stop dripping.

Polish: DAS6 Pro V2 dual-action polisher, used with Lake Country White polishing pad. Menzerna Super Finish 3500 polish used - this is very mildly abrasive and will get rid of light surface haze and swirl marks, which was a perfect match for the condition of my paint. Mirrors and hard to reach areas were hand polished using Meguiars Ultimate Polish. Full panel wipe down done after using G-techniq IPA panel wipe.

Sealant: Meguiars Ceramic Liquid Wax, applied with Meguiars foam applicator pads. This stuff is amazing, and can be maintained once applied once using their Ceramic Spray wax straight after washing, then you can just rinse and dry off as normal.

Tyres: Wonder Tyres tyre gel. Not the greatest product to apply, but the finish is decent and it's all I had!
Sweet, good job
Road to filthy and salty where I live, just a minimal wash to keep on top, warmer dryer weather required!!!
Always the same in the north east! I'm hoping the graft I put in will see me just having to do easy maintenance washes from now until it warms up!
I moved to Cumbria and live very rural, so multiply north east roads by 100 lol !!