View Single Post
      04-13-2024, 05:00 AM   #1
jcgd91
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G22 430i MSport Pro

Advice

Hey,

So last Sunday I was at the front of a queue of traffic at a roundabout, and the car behind me drove into the back of me (I was completely stationary at this point). It was at a very low speed.

I got out of the car and the lady in the car behind me also got out and was apologetic etc. We checked both cars and on the initial inspection, could not really see any marks/damage. I asked the lady for her phone number, and told her I would inspect the car more thoroughly at home, and she was happy enough for me to do this.

When I got home, I checked the car again, and still could not really see anything. I went out a few times to check, because I was skeptical that there would be no damage from the impact regardless of the speed.

It was only a few days later, when the sun came out, that I was able to see a dent on the rear diffuser. Close to the dent, there is a very slight depress, which looks like the shape of a number plate.

I text her to notify her about this, and she then text back: 'Sorry, not accepting liability'. My first thought at this was, how can there even be the question of liability when you hit a stationary car?

As part of a string of text messages, she sent one that said 'Sorry about that' (This was after our first exchange on the day of the impact) - Would this be deemed enough as implicit admission of guilt?

The good thing about this, is that the car suffered absolutely no damage to the paint work. I checked all parking sensors etc. and all appear to be absolutely fine.

I'm just looking a bit of advice, and wondering what would be the best course of action. Should I file a non-fault claim, or would that not be worth it in this case?

The whole thing has left me feeling very annoyed. I really look after this car. The most annoying part about this is not the actual damage, it's the fact that people try and get away with this kind of stuff and not own their mistakes.

It's a g22 430i btw . Couple of pics attached where the car was hit and the dent that's not easy to see in certain lighting conditions.

Name:  diffuser.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  789.5 KB
Name:  diffuserdent.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  243.8 KB
Appreciate 0