View Single Post
      11-02-2023, 09:29 AM   #4
Krisp97
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Garage List
I have figured this out thanks to the help of texting my service advisor. I also work in the car business and couldnt even figure this out lol.

Step 1: Get in the car, without turning on the engine, TRIPLE TAP the start button without your foot on the brake. This will enter it into Diagnostic Mode.

Step 2: Click the BC button on the left stock to take it to the odometer. This is where things get tricky.

Step 3: While in the odometer screen, press and HOLD the BC button. You quite literally have to guess when to release the button. It is somewhere around 15-20 seconds. If you hold it for too long, the menu with "Identification, Chassis Dyno" etc. It is likely going to take some trial and error.

Step 4: When you release it at the right time, it will pop up a menu regarding Oil Change reset. To enter the reset screen, press and hold BC for about 2-3 seconds then release. It will ask if you want to Reset? Repeat the same thing and Press and hold BC 2-3 seconds then release. If you just click the BC, it will cycle through different things that are eligible to reset. If you press and hold too long, it will exit the menu. Lots of trial and error.

This worked on my G80 M3 after I figured out the trick of not holding down the BC button for too long. Hope this helps everyone wondering how to do it on ID8.
2017 Ford Focus ST, Oxford White (traded in)
Appreciate 5
TJZ67201843.50
CSBM52756.00
rmedina116.50
AZHusky101.00