United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Ouch...

"Because, while the M440i passes all of our dynamic tests with flying colors, it can't shake a certain synthetic quality.

It also feels more jittery and nervous, and not everyone (myself included) is a huge fan of that feeling.

The steering isn't the best in terms of feel at hand, it's still a bit heavy and rubbery, but it responds well to what's happening underneath you. That works."

That Motor1 review wasn't particularly glowing, and the 4er's design could kill all hope of this car no matter how good it is for many including myself.
Yeah, I think in time.... steering is a line of code... the question is will BMW fix it. Also, this is not a full-on "M4" so I expect something to be left on the table for the M, M Comp, and the CSL or whatever the top tier is called.

The design is TBD... I am going to pass judgment once photos and it can bee seen in the flesh.
Same here - so many unknowns at this early stage. Reserving my opinion until a production model can be driven.

Whoever designed and approved digital gauges must have been a fan of Honda's Civic Cyber Night Japan Cruiser 2020. How about thoughtfully offering drivers a choice and providing at least a digitized rendition of analog gauges with orange on black color scheme? Breitling Old Navitimer never went out of style.
Appreciate 0