Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitallust View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveram195 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by del82 View Post
Hi. For me having run both types over the years, run flats are not as smooth or long lasting as non run flats.

Michelin MPSS or MPSS4S (19 inch and above) are generally viewed as the best tyre on the market. I love them personally.

My M340i came with run craps as the only option. I will switch to MPSS4S as soon as possible. Aided by the fact that only after 4200 miles my rear tyres are down to 3mm of tread. I'll buy the BMW compressor and glue kit stuff.

Run flats give the added peace of mind but they aren't perfect.
Thanks for the thoughts Guys,

I thought about a space saver, but there's not a lot of room in the boot or an actual space made for a spare wheel.
Has anyone else bought a spare and if so how do you store it?

Cheers

Steve
My G20 came with Pirelli P Zero RFTs and they are the first run flats that I haven't felt the need to run out and swap out.

Far more comfortable and better wearing than continental contact sports that were on my F30 and W205. With those I bought a space saver which came with a cover and tie downs but only ever put it in the boot if I was going on a long trip, otherwise it stays in the garage.

Only once I've used it when I took in a nail on the Mercedes, i drove home from work swapped it over and took the OEM for repairs
Yes, I'm also happy with Pirellis Zero RFTs. Although wondering whether better ride is partly (wholly?) due to the improved suspension. Have M adaptive which is SO MUCH better than my early gen F30 on standard suspension.
Appreciate 0