View Single Post
      01-06-2020, 11:43 PM   #3
OstO
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G21 330i M Sport Touring

Good to hear. Yes its Dravit Grey with visibility and comfort as you mention. I almost went down the X3 route too but just couldnt get used to the experience - too high, felt like a boat and coming from an F32 428i MSport Coupe, I just couldnt do it. I was very close to getting a G20 sedan and when I took the test car back to the dealer, I saw the Touring... that was it and decided that was the car.

Such a big leap forward from the F series and they were/still are great. G series is punchier at low revs, bumps are bit sharper even in comfort mode but could be the runflats - overall ride quality is better however. Steering has a nicer feel too.

The in-car tech has been flawless (including CarPlay) but the connected services were hit and miss - more miss. The car was delivered with SW 07/2019.28 and the vehicle location and 3D view never worked. I think lock/unlock/light flash did work sporadically but gave up on it. I booked the car in today for a software update to 11/2019.40 and everything is working as it should. Service description notes 'reprogrammed vehicle and telematics module'.

Still havent seen one the road in Sydney. Granted its not like I drive all over the city for a living - I'm sure they're out there! I have caught some heads turning though and many have commented positively on Dravit Grey. I don't think people are used to seeing too many Tourings around ... even previous models were scarce.

Overall am loving the car and look forward to driving it every time.

Last edited by OstO; 01-15-2020 at 02:35 AM..
Appreciate 0