View Single Post
      10-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #49
maughan67
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i (G22), X3 35d (F25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteGuy View Post
3erMan, Yours is a logical opinion and I appreciate it. I just happen to like the new lines of the 4 series models. I find them bold and refreshing, but I can still see the heritage in the cars. I also liked the M340iX and almost bought a Mineral Gray 2020 model off the lot last month, but it lacked a few options I wanted... so In for a penny in for a pound, ordered the M440iX.
Very similar story for me.

I have been looking at the M340i for quite a while, trying to find the perfect unregistered new stock car but deciding to spec my own factory order instead.

But I had liked the M440i immediately I saw the promotional photos and videos months ago. Yes, even with that grille, which I thought looked great (especially when there is a UK-style number plate across the middle which I think ironically improves the proportions). So I had thought about waiting for its release to see it in real life.

I test drove one yesterday. It is brilliant and so much fun to drive. Plus it ticks all of my other boxes, including its ability to carry my golf clubs and trolley etc (unlike the Porsche 991.2 which I had considered for a while). But, just as significantly, I thought the grille, and the whole car, just looked great. And, most importantly and to repeat, it was fantastic to drive.

I would be interested to know how many people who previously did not like the grille and have now actually seen the car “in the metal” (especially in M440i trim) still do not like the look, or whether they have changed their view.

My one gripe is that the paint options are disappointingly few and far between. I would really like to have had the option of mineral grey, which is what I would have chosen for an M340i if I had gone ahead with that.

Matt
Appreciate 0