10-31-2020, 12:41 PM   #80
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
Different countries, different priorities. This was the same with the F30/F32 too.

North American publications were lukewarm on the F3X while European publications were more positive. Doesn't help when North American publications keep comparing each generation and harping back to the E30, E46, E90. European reviews generally take the car for what it is today.

Should be noted that all the M SAV's that are reviewed by North American publications usually get loved for the most part while the Europeans pretty much lament them. So back to your original comment, I know what you're trying to hint at and I don't think it's that - you just have people using different criteria for reviewing a car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Please get your eyes checked, symptoms seem to be moderate to severe.

I think when we look back, this grille talk will look kind of silly. After a few years after release, haven't all generations been reviewed very positively as well as improved on significantly?

I feel that this repeat echo chamber and why discussions have gone down the piss poor path of comparison like every thread of late is recency bias and in particular, negative, unhappy, myopic owners of prior gen cars with an ownership bias to believe what they own is best.

once you get over the reality that applies to anything you buy of "best today is 2nd best tomorrow", constructive criticism and a informative discussion can be had

I'm fairly certain im one of the younger BMW enthusiasts in their 20s but i'm shocked by the immaturity and the "you should have your eyes checked" comments when someone says they like the design.

Being a toxic and myopic BMW enthusiast is ultimately going to push new buyers away, and may lead to the downfall of the brand that we all love so much and have enough passion for to discuss and share our opinions.

Last edited by Avaley; 10-31-2020 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 1