Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth 330i View Post
E90 and e92 are one of the best designs in the world. The rwd, size, 50/50, steering, practicality, simplicity and I6 turbo or NA is unmatched. I wish P would build a car like E90. They would sell like hot cakes.

Just sit and drive. I think I will always have one.
The e90 was good but far from perfect. The gear spacing wasn't the best for the 335d, and peeling of interior door handles / steering wheel was all too common, exterior windshield and rear window trim pieces would deteriorate quite rapidly in hot climates as well. The 330i (N52?) had that horrible valve tap.
I have no experience with 335d.

The cosmetic issues are minor from my experience but I don't live in Arizona (an example) and consider that climate an extreme. Unfortunately bmw used gum on some interior parts and e46 interior was the worst when it comes to parts peeling.

The N52 does have lifter tick but once you rev it and get the oil moving it's gone. Overall I consider them very durable cars and we are seeing them now approach 200k+ mi. The versatily and driver-machine interface is wonderful at that price point.

My biggest gripe was no factory lsd option especially on 335i with all that tq at 1500 rpm.
Appreciate 1
F32Fleet3566.00