Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustraliaG20 View Post
Hey all,

2 questions

- any more overheating issues? It's not even summer yet!

- anyone happy to share the price they paid and where they ordered from? I'm still interested but continue to leave towards drive recorder...
Not sure about the overheating issues as I don’t use the Cloud with my Blackvue 900S-2CH. Therefore, I have never noticed if the dashcams have shut down while parked. I could have checked the recordings, but I have never bothered to do so.
Cost of a Blackvue 900S-2CH is around $ 1200 with a Cellink Neo battery and 128 GB SD Card from Dashcams Australia.
I also have the BMW Drive Recorder on my car but (thankfully) have never had to use it. I only use it as a backup to the dashcams and for potential side impact vision.
If I was to get one OR the other, I would opt for the dashcams over the Drive Recorder. Occasionally, I download vision from the dashcams after a drive (usually on a winding road), or when I tried out the launch control. I’ve never done this with the drive recorder.
Hope this helps.