Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOK_BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOOK_BMW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That's odd BMW charges the RoW for this in-vehicle streaming service but now it's supposedly including for free in US-spec vehicles.

Also, I can't find anything online indicting that this is now available. I guess I'll wait and see what press release surfaces in the coming days.

Thanx.
Well, that was the point of this thread - to mention that it is available. I can 100% confirmed that Spotify has been fully integrated without the need of a phone. However, you must have iDrive 7.0/Live Cockpit for it to work.
Yea? Can you please share something to confirm this because I know for a fact that it's not available in the US, since the carrier that BMW uses (AT&T) doesn't yet support streaming audio data and ConnectDrive doesn't have the option for that specific service, here in North America.

However, if you have something to prove otherwise, let's see what you got.

https://connecteddrive.bmwlaunchpad....ices/bmw-music

From BMW's official website, 5 seconds ago:
Here you go
You're conflating two separate things..

All you did there is add the individual APP to your vehicle interface, it's still using your phone for the data connection for Spotify, hence the reason you had to scan the QR code to pair your phone.

Prior to this, on iDrive 7, you would have to fire up Apple CarPlay to get all the APPS to load (See below).

All BMW did there is separate the Spotify APP from CarPlay but your phone is still in play here.

The ConnectMusic plan uses the its own data connection, without a feed from your phone, which is currently not available in North America..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0