Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by themur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmwguys View Post
Tell us more! Can you still quiet it down in comfort mode? Are the burbles and pops louder now in S+ mode? How does the changing gears "fart" noise sound like now? Is it louder? more pronounced?

Thanks!
I've only had it installed for a day now but I'll try and answer based off my impressions so far.

In comfort mode, it's marginally louder than stock comfort and I'm getting some muted burbles and pops as opposed to very little or none at all but again still very subtle so it is still significantly quiet in Comfort compared to S+. I find the burbles and pops to be a lot louder in S+, prior to MPE I got the loudest pops coming off a freeway ramp with some hard deceleration but now it's almost consistently as loud. All around in S+ it's louder and deeper. Best example I can give is that with stock S+, if I had music 3/4 of the way the music would often times drown out some of them but now I can consistently hear it through the music. The most noticeable thing is my cold starts. Jason pointed this out earlier but right off the bat you can tell the MPE apart from stock on a cold start. My car was already pretty loud in the garage but now with the MPE there's a really noticeable difference. I have to pull out of the garage immediately to prevent pissing off neighbors since the car roars in there.
Awesome answer and exactly what I wanted to hear lol! Still didn't get an m340 but when I do this will be part of the shopping cart. Thanks for answering.
Appreciate 0