10-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #76
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMS-340MP View Post
True, I have MPPSK and the system is brilliant and the sound is amazing.

It's a shame they didn't make it like MPPSK, the M340i is an amazing car and deserves a better sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
MPE is more basic than MPPSK and doesn't include a tune. This just has one valve on the right side that closes in comfort mode and opens in sport and sport plus, it may be slightly louder than stock and not have the gunshots of the MPPSK, so not as dramatic as MPPSK and no performance increase, so it is also less expensive. There is also an MPE for the 340 with no tune. The MPPSK has two valves that open on each side and are closed in comfort and below 4K rpm, when it's open you basically have a straight pipe cat back exhaust vs. this the exhaust gases still pass through the muffler when the valve is open.
Could still see bmw coming out with an MPPSK down the road, on the f30 it took a year to two after they upgraded to the B58. And that was at LCI so deep into the lifecycle (also true they had the tune and exhaust separate on the n55)

If I had to guess they want to get the M3 final power figures sorted out and car released to market (although the s58 is in the wild in the mx3) and evaluate demand for the kit before offering another bridge to get the m340 closer to m3.
Appreciate 0