12-23-2019, 01:47 PM   #92
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA1 View Post
Perfect, that settles it for me. I was always concerned that the stock was already a MPE (given that's pretty good as is), but considering that stock doesn't have this branding, and that there is a unique part number for the MPE with higher pricing, the MPE is for real. I'm buying one today because I think this car can use even more sound.

Question, is yours getting louder with break-in?
I haven't noticed it getting any louder but I'm just starting to get into the higher revs since I'm at the end of my break-in. TBH it was pretty loud as I was driving off the lot so I can't imagine it getting any louder especially for an OEM system.

I highly recommend getting the MPE, I test drove a M340i with the standard exhaust and wasn't that impressed. Sounded great but was probably only slightly louder than my F30 340i and a lot quieter than my 340i before I deleted the resonators.

6 weeks after I took delivery of mine with MPE installed at the port and I am loving it. I'd say it's a solid 15-25% louder than my 340i with the resonator delete but with a much nicer sound as well. Even with the windows up (can't wait until it gets warmer so I can hear it with the windows down ) in sport individual you get to hear a lot of the exhaust and can really feel the pops.

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0