Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I had a 340i. But I wanted a sportier car. I asked myself what I would be missing by upgrading to a real M car:

Front and side camera
Soft suspension
Softer seats
Noise dampening?
Quiet exhaust
Higher ride height

One by one I all but eliminated these excuses:

Front and side camera - how often am I backing into and out of a parking spot?
Soft suspension - most people lower their car anyway. Why would this be an argument for a non-M car?
Softer seats - I found that the F80 seats are actually just as or more comfortable. I like the side bolsters.
Noise dampening - turn the radio up and it doesn't matter.
Quiet exhaust - I wanted an MPE anyway so this doesn't matter
Higher ride height - got/want suspension anyway so this doesn't matter.
well... it doesnt matter to you dude. everbody has another subjective feeling about all the things you said. i had the previos m3 for a weekend.
in my opinion...
sound was great! not too load for short trips. but i do 100km everyday. that is too much in my case. i know that this is gonna annoy me after a while.
the seats... they are great. no problems here.
the suspension... well that is too much for me as a daily. for a weekend run on twisties great. and i can go on and seperate my thoughts further...

what is too stiff for me may be fine for you and vice versa

for me... a father with kids... i have different expectations.
i never wanted to talk the m3 bad. i am just talking from my own perspective.
As a father I dailed 80 miles a day in my F80 for 2 years with little problem. Considering the M340i has a sporty suspension, I don't see why an F80 would be prohibitively uncomfortable in comparison. The exhaust on the S55 is not loud unless you are in sport mode or have an MPE. The M340i isn't necessarily quiet either.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0