FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by will0621 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenHaag3er View Post
The biggest issue with getting an M3 over and M340i is the fact that you can't buy an M3 and likely won't be able to for 18 months.
For me there is no comparison between a car that exists and one that doesn't. Sure you can get a second hand with 7 year old tech but not something I would compromise with for a daily driver.
I feel like the whole "old tech" thing is vastly overblown. I have a 2018 F80 and a 2020 X3 M40i and the tech differences aren't enough to be significant for me to notice. There's prettier graphics on the dash but it still overall feels like last gen's interface. Get the new G series for the updated looks, xdrive, and having a newer year model, but the tech reason isn't noticeable to be an impact on a decision, IMO. Also the driving dynamics of a M vs a 3 series should far outweigh any tech differences. For a daily however, a M might be not as comfy which is another valid reason, again moreso than the intended tech argument.
Every BMW is obsolete within the year it's made regardless of their new over the air updates etc.

On the other end, having Carplay reduces this a fair bit and you can upgrade previous gens iDrive.

The F80 is probably the 1st BMW I feel like I don't mind going back to as a daily if I needed another 4 door fun car as it meets all the requirements. I've had 14 Bimmers in past 20 yrs.

If you want to stay current get a Tesla.
Appreciate 0