View Single Post
      02-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #78
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyrx8 View Post
The new steering wheel is nowhere near as nice as the F30 one, looks like it's went back a generation in design. Loving everything about the G20, except the new steering wheel. It's nice sure, but the last one was awesome when it first came out and still looks great.
While I could possibly see someone saying that in looks. I mean. I have that wheel outside in my car haha, The feel on the G20 was MUCH grippier, and a bit smaller, it just felt like it would be more fun in use. I would be interested to hear your opinion after a hands on with the new one. I was relatively indifferent off looks alone, but then when I was at the dealer I was very impressed with the new wheel specifically. To the point that it caught my attention. Not that the F3x one isn't great, it is. But it actually makes the F3x one feel a bit... grandpa ish. Which is quite shocking because it is quite a sporty wheel. The new one definitely has a bit smaller diameter, and is thicker. The material is much better on the new one as well. Very grippy. My biggest complaint on the F3x wheel is that, while it is a looker, the material is super slippery on it, not as good in function really. I would say it's great but not at all would I say perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love German Cars View Post
I agree 100% with you on this.
I am interested to hear if you guys maintain that position after trying it out. Do agree that the F3x wheel is a looker though. But I would bet you guys would go from strong opinion to... indifferent, not caring much, after driving the new. But maybe I'm wrong