View Single Post
      09-25-2020, 10:26 PM   #34
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCD1 View Post
Ha - considering that the BMW 3 series is the 2nd most traded vehicle on the Model 3, I guess none of those buyers know what they’re talking about either eh?

Or is it just possible that the highest owner satisfaction in the industry BY FAR isn’t simply a coincidence?
Sales volume is a deflection when discussion the sorry state of the product, it's lack of development, awful assembly quality, poor design...other than granting industry-leading status to the powertrain. Between those who 1) prize novelty, 2) enjoy the high performance, 3) think they are now "cool", 4) Elon cultists, 5) environmentalists tired of their Priuses, it is not difficult to account for sales in the absence of EVs from actual vehicle manufacturing companies.

At one point, they had $1000 of mine as a deposit. I then had the chance to see a Model 3 Tesla deemed high enough quality to be a display vehicle in one of their showrooms. It was pitiful for the poor fit and finish inside and out...too long to list here. And, that is one they were proud enough of to display! The best thing about Tesla was the speed of the deposit refund.

The owner satisfaction phenomenon is easy. Cognitive dissonance. Of course these "pioneers" of the "latest and greatest" report high satisfaction. Same behavior happened with the AMC Pacer. Until only recently, Tesla Model 3 owners reported enough defects for the car to actually lose a recommendation based on quality alone (not performance) from CU.

Regardless of how many are sold and how many convince themselves they are happy (and nothing really wrong with that...the happier the better), there is no denying the vast array of shortfalls of the actual vehicles, if being objective. We can most assuredly expect better from all the experienced and knowledgeable competitors who are now starting to appear.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 2