05-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #278
jeff@autocouture
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2002 E53 X5 4.6is

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
This.

Manziel didnt need, or even appear to want, Football. He didnt put in the time in the film room, he didnt put in the time to learn the playbook. Even in college, his gameplan was to improvise. He relied too heavily on his athletic ability and was handed every opportunity from Pee Wee to HS to College.

Baker was walk on at TT and became the starter, then after still not receiving a scholarship from TT despite Big 12 Freshman of the year, was a walk on at OU and became the starter. He had to put the time and effort in to becoming a great QB in college. His only off-field issue was one arrest, which is bad, but college kids do dumb things. And he has never had any of the locker room or work ethic issues that Manziel had throughout his career.

Unfortunately, the browns have killed many young qb careers though, so we will see if he can push through that adversity as well. I mean, if he wins 2 games over the next 2 seasons, he will have doubled their win total from the previous 2 and is a win in the minds of the Browns
I agree with EVERYTHING here as well as the post before .... except that the browns will kill him as a QB. Mayfield has all the skills, mindset, and talent that a starting above average qb has in the NFL. Yes he hasn't played a down yet but don't sleep on the browns, they have A LOT of talent on their roster and will be very, very , very competitive in the years to come. Their drought is about to be over. There aren't any teams to sleep on in the NFL which is why we love it so much. There are, on average 5 teams that make the playoffs that weren't in it the year before.

On the note of the seahawks since it seems like everyone in here loves them...
Penny will be a good RB for them, they took him a round too early but i don't believe they had a chance in rd 3 where they were picking because of the bone head offseason moves the year before. Guice, Sony, Chubb, were all better prospects with respective talents and traits that penny has. They wanted a guy and got him. I can't take anything away from them for doing that. Their offensive line will be MUCH improved from last year to this, they will run the ball just fine. I would be more worried about a lack of receiving talent now that Jimmy is gone.

The mention earlier about the division is a very very good point. Arizona, don't forget bradford can ball when hes not hurt and will be an upgrade over carson and help A LOT, dont forget david johnson is back. San Fran, I need to see more then the last 4-5 games last year but all things are pointing to a VERY competitive team this coming year. LA Rams, If they put it all together this year they will make a DEEP run into the playoffs. They could very well be an 11-12 win team. With peters and talib at corner they will really really be tough to throw against, think denver a few years back with wade phillips running that defense.
Appreciate 0