08-20-2019, 08:22 PM   #705
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I think there is a tipping where you can or cannot feel the power in your seat. My 9-3 is 210HP and 1550KG and I don't really feel anything TBH. But a 345HP and similarly heavy base (997) 911 felt pretty good on exit ramps in comparison. So did the heavier but more powerful Mustang GT. Not sure what 600 or 700HP does for you though.
If you don't think one can’t feel the difference then you mustn’t have been in a real fast car before. My 3250lb C6 went from 430bhp to over 600bhp and the difference is astounding when you put your foot in it.
You guys call it bragging rights that’s all good, I call it a ride that can pin passengers deep in their seats and still gives me a rush when I squeeze it hard. I might run it against another car here or there if the opportunity is arises and it’s safe but mostly just drive for my pleasure and a passenger if I have one at the time and to the track on occasion.

By the way, I did a centri so it would give a more linear power delivery(like NA) and it spins up to 6500rpm and makes power all the way to fuel shut off.
Here’s an example of a centrifugal SC on an LS. This isn’t all bottom but loves to rev and make phenomenal power all the way up. A light weight 400hp car is real fun, add 200 more and it’s another world.
https://www.google.com/search?q=c6+c...8wtdDOdY-xyzQM
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 08-20-2019 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00