View Single Post
      11-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #4
hockeymen14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 m340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmzorba09 View Post
Driving back from San Antonio to Houston and my BSM M340 was slammed with a rather large rock. Damage left mostly on the hood and consists of 3-4 small rock chips that penetrated the coating. Unfortunately don't have pics to share of the damage (vehicle is at dealer). I do have photos of the Rock.

Question is ... I'm debating whether to repaint the entire hood or just have the dealer do a touch up. If I repaint the good I'll definitely put on paint protection film this time. Thoughts?

Any idea what it might cost to repaint the entire hood? My service adviser said a couple hundred but he wasn't sure. That seems low to me.
That's a rather large rock. PPF probably would have helped but a rock that size at speed would penetrate PPF and if it hit metal would probably leave an impression.

Regarding those touch up kits. I got one to touch up the side skirt and while it helped it is in no way as good as I was hoping.

We suffer from desire for perfection. I'd take it to a professional and see what they can do. You may not have to repaint the whole hood and they can sometime work miracles. Pictures would help. Good luck. We all feel your pain.
Appreciate 1
Wmzorba09325.50