View Single Post
      05-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #886
M3GymNut
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuKon22 View Post
First up, I freely admit I'm a BMW tragic...I've always loved them, ever since I was a kid.

Here in Australia we had a TV show called 'Sale of the Century'. The 3 Series was the major prize for decades.... I blame that show, and the shear awesomeness of the E30 M3, and watching it serve it up to V8's in the touring car scene here in the late 80's. Have loved M3's ever since.

There's a lot of grill banter, but no enough G80 hip banter....come on, am I the only one feeling the carry over hips? It's still my favourite thing about the F80, and second favourite thing about the E90, and the latest images confirm the aggressive bodywork remains.

There's always someone thing to lament, but I'm confident based on what's known so far, and the heat the team at M must be feeling, that the G80 is going to be their A game, will be good enough to get my $$$ and will remain the segment benchmark, hopefully with comp spec ability from the outset.

Looks like the variance in the front to rear fender gap also carries over. I guess it's a balance related matter, I'm sure someone can educate me on that...but I wish they'd drop the front to match the rear, it's seriously messing with my OCD. The fact the some of us are changing out front springs only on the F80 tells me they should have a go at resolving that one!

If the G80 miraculously turns out to be a dud, I guess it's M5C here I come.

I know for many M3 guys an M5 is simply too big, and affordability is certainly getting tight....but who else is on the cusp?
I'm definitely on the cusp as well but I would be going M2 route not M5...
Appreciate 1