Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
Cadillac was onto to something when the ATS and revised CTS came out a few years back...but they fizzled fast. More of the same with this new Cadillac. Watch the sales figures...I bet they are awful compared to the 3.
Well Cadillac sales figures will always be low compared to the Germans because they're no longer desirable, their interiors (except for maybe the new Escalade) are too GM in materials and quality, and the brand prestige is gone from the days of "good ol' American luxury." The CTS and ATS were most definitely better driver's cars than the 3 and 5 of the time, but in those classes, that only really is wanted by a small group of buyers, and Cadillac didn't invest elsewhere (like the interior).

However, it does seem that Cadillac does still have mojo when it comes to driving dynamics, at least in the form of the new and upcoming CT5-V, and the later high-performance model, just not the base 4-cylinder. The new V model has been receiving glowing reviews for its driving dynamics and handling. Of course, this will likely not effect sales though because no one wants a fun to drive car anymore, but its good to know that they can still make a good to drive car though.

Personally, I can't wait to see the CT5 w/ the LT4 engine and a possible manual transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuastein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason60051 View Post
Cadillac was onto to something when the ATS and revised CTS came out a few years back...but they fizzled fast. More of the same with this new Cadillac. Watch the sales figures...I bet they are awful compared to the 3.
Well Cadillac sales figures will always be low compared to the Germans because they're no longer desirable, their interiors (except for maybe the new Escalade) are too GM in materials and quality, and the brand prestige is gone from the days of "good ol' American luxury." The CTS and ATS were most definitely better driver's cars than the 3 and 5 of the time, but in those classes, that only really is wanted by a small group of buyers, and Cadillac didn't invest elsewhere (like the interior).

However, it does seem that Cadillac does still have mojo when it comes to driving dynamics, at least in the form of the new and upcoming CT5-V, and the later high-performance model, just not the base 4-cylinder. The new V model has been receiving glowing reviews for its driving dynamics and handling. Of course, this will likely not effect sales though because no one wants a fun to drive car anymore, but its good to know that they can still make a good to drive car though.

Personally, I can't wait to see the CT5 w/ the LT4 engine and a possible manual transmission.
The Vs sell well and sadly hold value well.

The problem is they are happily meeting about all the sales available in the niche market. V is stronger than ever. Perhaps why they decided to make the CT5 CT5-V and the yet unnamed V proper line. The CT5-V being S6 and M340i tier.

The problem is the base model sales aren't anything exciting. They do sell many crossovers though in 2019. Brand sales are up. Just not in the areas you and I care about.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00