View Single Post
      03-25-2020, 04:58 PM   #6
sikotic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
It's connected to your drive modes, so yes you are right in your assumption (gets stiffer in sport - sport + and gets more relaxed in comfort and eco). There's no button you have to press to change it other than your drive mode. Now you can also select Individual drive mode where you can have your engine, steering, and transmission in sport but set your suspension to comfort - this is what I have it set to for daily driving). This way you get the best of both worlds. Adaptive button is essentially another drive mode...and it acts exactly how it sounds. It adapts to your drive conditions (if you are driving spirited it will be more aggressive on the throttle response and the steering and suspension will tighten up. If you are sitting in traffic, it will ease the throttle response, put everything into comfort basically and turn on your auto start/stop). I like to have control so I don't use adaptive but it seems like a lot of people do use it as their daily driving mode.
This actually really helped me understand it as well. But now I'm curious, had I not opted for the "adaptive m suspension" would my suspension settings still change between comfort, sport etc.. or do you lose that ability when you don't have the adaptive suspension?

Thanks
Appreciate 0