View Single Post
      08-24-2020, 03:27 AM   #29
firetitanx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport 2020(G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erawamai View Post
I'm not game enough to unbolt the seats!

I think the most obvious improvement are the tweeters. The harshness at the top end is gone and the detail comes through clearer. I can hear stuff I was not hearing before. Excellent for higher quality sources. More enjoyable. The stock tweeters honestly look a bit sad. It's almost like they were not there before.

The mid range is improved. Clearer, more defined and punchier but the difference it not HUGE.

The low end is the same. I find it a bit muddy but I'm not really a bass head. I just want it clear and crisp.
Hhahaha... yes I have reservations about that ,don't want your seat coming off in an accident

Great to hear that harshness has gone from the tweeters , that's what I am looking for
Just a quick question, when you put the volume at high levels are all the frequencies still defined and separate and distinct, or is there distortion and the sound degrades.
Yup for the bass I think that will improve once you replace the amp and that will give you more power and control over the speaker cone.
I am finding the bass lacks the tightness and punch it should have.
for the update.

Just a quick update on the amplifier front , the focal dealer said that he just found out from France that the focal amp I had in mind for the HK system is not compatible with my head unit , so no solution as yet , he did refer me to an installer who has done HK setups in our model though so I will call them very soon
So just wondering I'm assuming the head unit is different in HK to HiFi system not sure so also wondering if this also impacts sound quality I thought just the number of speakers and amp was different , from a speaker perspective when I talked to Southern BMW when investigating Bavsound he said that when he compared the two speakers from HK and Hifi they were pretty much the same in terms of quality

If I knew the sound would be that ordinary I should of ordered the standard Hi Fi system at least there are options for amp upgrades and then upgraded

Oh well live and learn
Appreciate 0