View Single Post
      09-01-2020, 05:21 PM   #35
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

So its been a couple of weeks and apparently speakers 'break in'.

The speakers do improve sound but its not ground breaking but it is a clear improvement.

I can listen to stuff now and 'enjoy it' and think to myself 'that sounds good' or 'tight'. It's not 'amazing' but its now what I'd call 'solid' and not 'disappointing'. The 'ssss' sound from the tweeters is gone.

For the system to be 'amazing' you would need better separation and sound stage tweaking and more power. This would probably be achieved with one of the off the shelf AMPS.

Really complex songs with a lot going on can kinda can still get a little muddled but those are hard songs (Think some Tame Impala songs and 'Sunsets' from Powderfinger).

Single instruments or voices sounds great. Clear and punchy. For example, the guitar at the beginning of Pink Floyd 'Wish you were here' sounds great. The drums at the beginning of "Japan, Man - I Like to Wait" go very well. 'Watching the Wheels Turn' also sounds good. Most modern music with high production values like Taylor Swift or Katy Perry style pop sounds really clean.
Appreciate 0