Rep
Drives: M340i x-drive

Garage List
2021 BMW M340iX  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmanjr View Post
Driven 15k miles in 2021 330i xdrive and just wondering how long 19"M wheel 791M w/ as rft last (typically)?
Staggered size performance tires?

If so, usually if you're a semi aggressive driver the center of the rears and/or the outer edges of the fronts will already be showing serious wear by 15K miles.

From my experience, usually the rears get replaced by 20K and the fronts may last till 25K or so. But I'm in Florida and some of our roads have tire eating Coral mixed into the asphalt. Thankfully as roads get repaved, Coral is very slowly disappearing.
Try to control tyre pressure. When tyres are hot pressure rises. After half an hour of fast driving blow off tyre pressure to normal, usually 0,3-0,4 Bars. Than You can continue to drive. That way You will keep even tyre wear. Midle of the tyre wears more because increasing temp will increase pressure from examp. 2,7 Bars to 3,1 Bars and tyre sits with midle part only. To preseve front tyres edge You must trail braking properly and be smooth with steering wheel, steer more with throttle. I wear all 4 tyre almost exactly the same after 20k miles. Same front and rear, same whole tyre tread.
Appreciate 0