10-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #40
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mthusiast View Post
Why would anyone buy an M4 over a C8?

Genuine question. It's not practicality cause let's be honest, if you really care about having more than one passenger you're not going to buy an M4.
Nor comfort. My F80 M3 was barely more comfortable than my GT-R, it's an excessively harsh ride which is supposed to be the trade-off (comfort & utility) you get over sport cars like the Corvette.

BMW has changed from a chassis/suspension champion to a mega-HP monster engine company. There is NO QUESTION that the new Corvette is going to be a more comfortable car to drive on a daily basis - auto journalists are unanimous in raving about the ride quality.

Which leaves utility. You get back seats in the BMW. Yes, this matters to some people. But at this point the performance and comfort concessions you have to make to get the BMW over the Corvette do not warrant the expense - I'd go with the 2-car solution (daily + sports car) rather than go with a tremendously flawed single-car solution like the M3.

I realized just how bad the M3 was when I test drove the Alfa. That Italian car just does everything better across the board with one notable exception: how long it takes to get parts from Italy. Which is why I sold my Quadrifoglio.

But the Corvette? Yes, it looks cheap, especially on the inside. It's not a very good looking car. It's a GM product which means it's probably going to fall apart and catch on fire like everything else they build. But as a driving experience? As something that would be enjoyable and practical enough to use on a daily basis? C8 hands down. HANDS DOWN.
Appreciate 0