View Single Post
      09-11-2020, 02:57 PM   #128
super51fan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMachuca3d View Post
I'm afraid the bean counters at nissan will neuter the Z even before its unveiled, demanding the CHEAPEST parts all over. I've owned a few nissans, and the cheapness of them was evident inside and out.

300+hp, manual, LSD standard and not a pig like the last few Z's and they might have something, otherwise the zupra will still be the #1 option for affordable sport coupes.
It will definitely be neutered due to the state of Nissan, but they currently have all the pieces to make a car that outsells the Supra. Because of this, they will very little development costs assuming they are using the same platform. Although that would mean it probably will be outperformed by the Supra, it doesn't need to be the better car to be an engaging driver's car or to outsell the Supra.

Using the Q50 as a base for pricing (which is a 300hp TT V6 for $36k) and prices of 370z performance options (which is $4k for LSD and larger brakes) I think they could have a pricing structure like this with both 6mt and auto options across the board:

Base: 300hp - $32k
Base w/ sport package: 300hp, LSD, big brakes, optional leather - $36k
Sport: 400hp - $42k
Nismo (delayed release): 500hp - $50k

This pricing structure greatly undercuts the Supra even if it doesn't perform as well.
Appreciate 0