View Single Post
      01-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #40
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 ninja real quick View Post
i agree to a point . I know plenty of girls that were brought up by veeeeeery strict parents . it made them wonder what the bad side would feel like . at the end of the day of course they turned out okay but in the younger days they did learn what the d is we'll say . hahahahaaaa. i grew up with a very strict military dad and i've gotten into plenty of trouble myself .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
Have to disagree about the parenting part. I think it boils down to the individual. If he/she is a piece of shit than he/she is a piece of shit, parenting only goes so far. I know ppl who had absentee parents, parents who drank a lot, etc who grew up to be very good people.. I also know ppl that had good parents, that grew up to be idiots that made a ton of bad decisions. It all comes from the person. YES, good parenting is important but it only goes so far.. I dont agree with blaming the parents for the dumb things their teens do.

I think I have amazing parents and I think they did a very good job at raising me and my brother. I made a couple dumb choices in my early 20s.. nothing to crazy but if I was as famous as Bieber, it would have been on the news lol. I would never in a million years blame my parents for my choices.
Of course there are exceptions to every type of statement. But if you poll social workers, psychologists, etc, they would all say having a strong parental environment would produce greater odds the kid is going to grow up "normal". Kids always want to test boundaries and if parents are not around to set those boundaries, the kid is going to think they can get away with anything.
Appreciate 0